Sunday, October 7, 2007

Halloween Disney



So after Church on Sunday, Sarah and I met up with her cousin (my cousin?) Brittany and her boy friend Javier (unfortunately this is the only picture of them from the day) but we did have a really good time hanging out with "family"Sarah doesn't really care for Halloween very much, but the Disneyland decorations where not too much to handle. She's not some uber-conservative who has a problem with the holiday itself, rather she doesn't care for the decorations: cobwebs and spiders and general dirtiness, nor does she care for the color pallet: black and orange. However, this doesn't keep her from liking the ride that looks like a giant Orange. It's probably because she feels like shes flying (note the outstretched arms). If you listen real close you can hear the lady singing "if you're happy and you know it..."








Okay, I see Adam decided to update our little site here - so, I figured I would give my thoughts as well. First off - I am not so shallow as to judge a whole holiday due to it's color pallet! While I do think that Fall in general has some colors associated with it that I choose not to wear, I won't judge people for their choice of colors (point and case: Katie Ward). And about the dirtiness of the holiday, well, that's a little more true, why would you purposefully put up spider webs when in every other part of the year having spider webs in your house shows that you don't dust enough and you have bugs?! Last but not least - let me make a confession: I HATE HALLOWEEN! Sorry guys - it's true! I hate to be scared and I never watch scary movies! I couldn't sleep for months after seeing Back to the Future 3 when I was in like 4th grade (I went with Brittany and her dad, My Uncle Tom, actually), but seriously, my ability to handle fear is low! I refuse to open to door to any trick-or-treaters because most of the time they are cute little bunnies and pirates but then there is always that one jerk face teenage boy who is an ax murderer and.... well, YUCK! The whole thing just gives me the creeps - I kind of wish the whole month of October could be washed clean of this awful holiday! Oops, So maybe I am one of those "uber-conservative" people - I'm not sure yet, but I will have to have a long hard conversation with Adam when it comes to our kids celebrating this holiday. Sorry for the freak out! But I did have a really good time with Brittany and Javier - it was so nice to see them. It's weird to think how many times I've been to Disneyland with Brittany as a little girl and now we are are still going to the same place but with our husbands/boyfriends - it's kind of cool actually.

Here's a picture of us "a few years ago" waiting to get on It's a Small World!



1 comment:

chelsea said...

hey guys! yeah.. halloween... I never had a problem with it until the last few years... it just never used to seem so evil... my bat decorations and things always looked happy and friendly... but here--everything looks satanic.
maybe it's different... I don't know...but even in the states... I don't think i'm super conservative in any way but some things... hmm... yes.. i had a point:
Sarah, I don't know if I have your email address....
I'll send you mine on facebook. I would like to hear more about this.....