Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sarah went to Connecticut!!!!

Yep, it's true, I finally made it to the East Coast! I went to see my friend Rachel who I lived with in St. Petersburg. Rachel was supposed to get married on Sunday, June 22 (which is why I planned the trip out there) but unfortunately, her fiance was denied a visa to the states 3 times!!! It's a long story, but keep them in prayer for the second attempt at a wedding on August 16th.

Here's a picture of where I stayed, Rachel's family lives on the first floor of this really cute building in the lovely town of New Britain, CT.
Thursday night was the bridal shower. It was a good time the closed with a great time of prayer and blessing for Rachel and Shuhrat.


We did a lot pf playing with Rachel's niece's and nephews because all but one of Rachel's extended family came to town (Rachel is one of eight children).

This picture I had to take because I was in shock while on the highway/freeway! There were trees and green everywhere!!! I think if our freeways looked like this in CA there would be a lot less road rage!
Here I am at "the shore" and I was so glad to finally make it to the Atlantic Ocean! It was weird and reminded me of a lake (notice the boats just off shore) but it was the Atlantic none the less!

Went to church on Sunday, Rachel was on the worship team

After church on Sunday, we loaded up and went to Hartness State Park where the wedding was going to be, but instead we had a party and a prayer and blessing time (this picture is looking at the back drop for there the ceremony was - it was beautiful!)

There are just some pictures from the park and gardens and then during the "service".

"Kylee"

"Gabriel"

"Kora"

(Kora and I had a ruff start, but by the end of the trip, we were friends - sort of)

Pictures of beautiful Rachel






And this last picture is of Rachel and I on Monday in a awesome Mexican food restaurant just before going to the airport for me to fly home.
All in all it was a fabulous trip, Rachel's family was great and it was so nice to spend time with my beloved Rachel (who I hadn't seen in person since my wedding)!

1 comment:

Nathan, Sarah, Liam, Deacon, and Jude said...

First off, happy birthday today! Secondly, that looks so awesome. You guys should drive the freeways up here, the greenery is so thick! The first time I came here I was amazed because I did not know that freeways like that actually existed! Conneticut looks beautiful. I have a longing to visit the East Coast beyond D.C....maybe we will drive cross country one day when the kids are older...anyways, enough rambling!