Sunday, December 28, 2008

A look at our Christmas on the last night of Hanukkah

Christmas Eve was also the 4th night of Hanukkah and Adam’s packaging job was just too awesome to not take a picture of! (I am pictured here with my mom and dad’s dog, Tony).

Also, because we were not going to be at home on Christmas Eve we took our menorah with us and for some reason my mom, husband and brother’s felt it was a good idea to dance around the table… I’m still not really sure why.

My parents wanted to go to the Christmas Eve service at there church and since one of my brothers (Aaron) was playing percussion in that same service it seemed like the place to be - so we went with them! After returning home and having an amazing dinner of Beef Stroganoff, my last brother (Brian) finally made it home from running sound at all 4 of the Christmas Eve services his church was doing and we were able to open our Christmas pajama’s all together - the baby even got new pajama’s that are very, very cute! Casey tried the baby’s pajama’s on the stuffed gingerbread man my mom has and Brian… well Brian was practicing being a good uncle.


After all putting our new pajama’s on we got in Aaron’s van and went out for our normal Christmas light watching. Unfortunately due to Brian’s late return home we were all very tired already thus resulting in just going to one house to look at the lights and not going to the Zanin’s house (a yearly staple) to show off our new pajama’s! But as usual, the one house we did see, was just as amazing as ever!

On Christmas morning my dad had to leave for work at 7am thus we all got up really early to open presents together - but it was still a good time!



After our morning present opening, the boys and my mom made breakfast while I got ready. We all ate together and then Adam and I and Brian and Aaron took off to go to our church’s Christmas morning service. After that hour service, Aaron and Brian went home and Adam and I went to his parent’s house. We had a very leisurely afternoon watching movies and cooking and chatting. A guys from Roger’s work joined us and we all had a great time sampling the many desserts before our meal… which was a fabulous meal of lamb and potatoes and some random mint sauce (not jelly, but a runny kind of sauce-thing) from New Zealand that was actually really, really good with the lamb! On our way home, we stopped by the Ward house real quick to say hello and to pick up a plate of cookies that we (mostly Adam) had made 2 nights earlier during out cookie decorating party!

So, that brings us up to date and tonight is the last night of Hanukkah... so here's the baby and I with the menorah ... only 6 weeks to go!!!!

1 comment:

RD said...

You look so pretty! Miss you!