Friday, May 29, 2009

An Ode to my Dad!

This is Bennett here and today is my dad's 28th birthday! I'm told birthdays are a pretty big deal (all I know about them is that it's the end of living in that nice warm swimming pool) but since my mom insists that birthdays really are a good thing I thought I would write a blog about my dad and tell you all the reasons why I love him so much!

First of all, he talks to me and tells me great things! I love to talk to him and tell him about my day when he gets home from work!


He is very good at playing music! He's been playing music for me even before it was my "birth"-day. I love to listen to him and some times I even try to sing along with him and my mom.

I love it when my Dad lets me sleep on him! It's great and sometimes he even falls asleep too so I get to stay with him longer!

Sometimes my Dad will let me look at his shinny box (he says it's called a computer) I don't care what it's called - I just love to look at it with him because that are so many fun colors and sounds coming from it!

In the past couple of weeks my Dad has started to do something new with me that I LOVE - Swimming! This is so much fun! He helps me to kick and swim and i love it so so much!

And lastly, my Dad helps me when I'm sad! He holds me and comforts me and only hands me over to Mom if I have let him know that I am not just sad, but that I am hungry too!

I love my Dad very much and I think he is fantastic and I couldn't have asked for a better Dad!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

2 comments:

molly june. said...

aww, that was too sweet, bennett! :) hope your daddy has a great birthday!

Unknown said...

Thanks Sarah... I knew you would be someone with some sound words regarding this special situation jonny and I have found ourselves in! I know you know how much prayers are needed during this time so I just wanna say thanks and I'll keep you posted as to where we feel our heart being led. I want her so badly and yet we are definitely enjoying these last few precious days of being a party of 2!