Sunday, October 25, 2009

M-U-R-R-I-E-T-A...

...Murrieta (clap, clap, clap) All the way!


Yes friends, it's true, we went to a MVHS football game the other day and I was rather surprised to hear the same cheer that I learned in middle school still being "performed"! But it does bring back fond memories because that cheer was very influential in my life. How you may ask, well without it I would have never learned how to spell Murrieta! So, I'm glad it's still around to teach people all over town just how to spell the name of this lovely little city :)

The Elwer's joined the Howley's (and one Moore) at the MVHS vs. TVHS JV game this last Thursday and rather enjoyed ourselves... I know Bennett was sure interested in the game :)
(Just kidding!)

We had a great time cheering on #19 and being shocked and amazed that the referee actually deleted a touchdown that had happened 3 plays prior to an issue arising! (Kind of nuts I tell you!) But either way the Nighthawks beat the Bears and that's all that really matters!
Good Game Uncle Casey!

2 comments:

Caley said...

crazy to see those same views 10 years later-- and everything looks the same yet is a whole new group of people!

Unknown said...

The only thing I am bitter about is the all weather track! I can't imagine how much faster our times would have been had it been around when we went there. I was there that day too... but we didn't run on campus, the kids hate running on the track when there are a ton of people around! I went to my first game in 10 years when they got beat by Mission Viejo. It was weird.