Friday, February 19, 2010

Back Home and Playing the Kazoo!

We're home from our long weekend in Big Bear still a little under the weather but home nonetheless!
The reason we went was because we were invited to speak at our churches winter camp! The weekend focused on the parts of the trinity and Adam and I spoke on the Father. Apart from the speaking side of camp we were with all the Jr. High girls (and Jenn and Jackie) and we had a great time with all of them!
Adam ended up being our lead breakfast cook each morning, which was awesome!
On Saturday, we spent the whole afternoon at a sled park! Adam and I both took turns with Bennett trying to get him excited about the snow...


...but Bennett's over all feelings for the day were just about as great as the pumpkin patch day! So, needless to say, Bennett and Mommy left early and took a nap.
Other than that camp went really smoothly (Praise the Lord)! No broken bones, no big drama, just a great time in the snow, learning about who God is and how much he loves us - what more could you ask for in a weekend?!

On a totally unrelated note, I am proud to say I actually captured a "first" this afternoon! I was sitting at the computer looking at possible birthday shirts for Bennett to wear at his party next week on Etsy and all of a sudden I heard a noise I had never heard before. Then I heard it again, and all of a sudden I realized - "That's a kazoo! Oh my gosh! He figured it out!" So I grabbed my camera off the kitchen table and went straight to his room to capture the following:
I know it's dorky to so excited over a kazoo - but I guess that is just part of being a mom! Oh and then just a few minutes later, my son pulled his diaper bag down and dug out the rice cakes to help himself to a snack - he sure is getting around quickly for not actually walking yet!
Anyways, like I said earlier I was looking for a birthday shirt and was planning on making one inspired by the great Katrina however I was saved by Kohl's this afternoon and will not be making the shirt (YAY!!!) That's not to say, however, that I don't still have fabric and paper and ribbon in my house waiting to be turned into something fantastic for my sweet boy's party next week! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

calikatrina said...

Oooo... cute, cute, and CUTE! Good luck with all the fun crafting, and thanks for the shoutout! Glad you found something for Bennett to wear. Although his birthday suit is still an appropriate choice. :)