Monday, April 19, 2010

Easter

"Jesus is Alive!"
I would love to tell you that the above quote is what made my son look so happy ... however, in reality, it was my mom's dog, Tony who got such a response out of my son!Oh, well, maybe next year...

Easter this year was very lovely for the Elwers. 
(Yes, this was the best picture we got... you would be amazed at the others)
 See what I mean...

We didn't go to sunrise service, but our church did do the 9:30 service outside too. I really liked church outside, it's like you are worshiping God right along with his creation.
Bennett liked sitting in (standing on, climbing up....) the white chairs and playing in the grass with Andrea (who was sitting next to us)

After church as we were talking with some friends when Debbie walked by. I said "Hello" and then Adam and Mary Beth said "Wait, wait, wait, you two are dressed identically!" 
Neither one of us noticed! What do you think? 
Funny huh? Good thing I like her so much!

We stopped by my parent's house on the way home to get the meat to put in our oven (we all ate at our house so Bennett could nap in his own bed) and tried to get a picture of Bennett next to the plant my brothers and I took pictures next to as a kids. (Someone needed a nap!)

Here he is last year!

If you haven't noticed already I would just like to highlight my son's super cute Easter Outfit!
I got it at All About Kidz for $10 - yep, all three Janie and Jack pieces for $10!!!

My husband (the crafty master that he is) dyed the eggs this year after (as usual) looking at our neighbor's Martha Stewart Living before giving it to her!Funny thing is, we didn't hunt for them or even eat them, they were just the centerpiece.
Pretty Fabulous huh?!

Our Easter table

After dinner we all went on a walk down Fig street. 
This is the closest thing we got to a family picture from the day - I really need to get better at taking family pictures!

No comments: