Monday, May 10, 2010

Toddler-hood...

So our crib got recalled!
The crib we specifically picked out, the crib we matched all the wood in Bennett's room to, the crib that I hand stitched bedding for... yep that crib!
 However, having someone buy those bite marks back for full price wasn't half bad... but still, I was sad to see it go!

So, what to do? Buy a new crib, right? Well as Adam and I were milling our possibilities over I ended up out front watching my next door neighbor change a flat tire (nice that I was just standing there watching huh?!) and talked with her about the recalled crib. She commented that her daughters toddler bed was still in the garage and that if we wanted to use it they would be more than happy to let us because they really had no use for it.

It's crazy to move a 14 month old into a toddler bed
Right? 
Well, we did it anyways!

Bennett had a great time "helping" with his new bed

Shortly after putting the bed together it was nap time.. dun, dun, dun!
Well, he went down as normal...
And at no point did I hear a big crash or thump! The first noise we heard about an hour later was Bennett calling for Adam and I. We both hurried in to hopefully catch him before he fell off the bed and he was just sitting up looking around (he seemed a little scared to move, poor guy!)
(look how cute and sleepy and big he is!)
Adam worked with him for a few minutes, showing him how to get on and off the bed and things have been going great ever since... Well... except for the fact that any part of my imagination that still considered Bennett a baby has now been officially crushed! Babies don't sleep in toddler beds! sniff, sniff...

No comments: