Saturday, July 3, 2010

#29

This last week I celebrated my 29th birthday (yes, we just celebrated Adam's, we are 28 days apart) in a number of ways!

My husband gave me the gift of being able to attend the best woman's conference I have ever been to, God Chicks. You see, B-boy just isn't ready for two nights away from me (it would kill him and Adam) so instead of dealing with all that drama, Adam and Bennett came with to Pasadena. While I was listening to speakers and eating chocolate and having dance parties, Bennett and Adam were going to the park, wondering Farmer's Markets and playing in the hotel pool. It was great to be able to see them in between sections and to have them with me at night. It was kind of the best of both worlds! (isn't Adam the coolest husband for doing that?! I was very blessed!)

Seeing as we were out of town, there was lots of eating out, which I'm sure Bennett was enjoying...
(so nice that Jervaun stopped by Chili's to say happy birthday!)

We stayed at the Double Tree in Monrovia and if you've ever stayed at a Double Tree you know that they have these fantasticly yummy cookies available to you when ever you want them - Adam brought me this one while I was getting ready the morning of my birthday.

Here's a quick family shot as we were getting out of the elevator before I left to the conference.

After the conference was over Adam and Bennett came to pick me up - I was particularly fond of Bennett's shirt! :)

We walked around old town Pasadena for a while and decided on Cheesecake Factory since the amazing Crepe place we found just didn't have anything on the menu for B (too bad, 'cause I really wanted to eat there - oh well, our lunch was still great) Have you ever taken a toddler to the Cheesecake Factory? I was really impressed actually. They brought him a plate of sliced bananas and a couple pieces of bread. They couldn't have made him a happier boy!

Kind of lame that the Cheesecake Factory brings you a tiny scoop of ice cream for your birthday! (Actually it was perfect, I couldn't have eaten another bite, we were stuffed! But still, kind of funny!)

As we pulled back into town we stopped by my parents house to say hi and play in the front yard

Being as we were tired from our weekend and still kind of full from lunch, Adam and I had popcorn for dinner and watch Leap Year - it was great! Sunday after church the celebration continued with lunch at Flour Fusion! Unfortunately they had run out of triple cream baskets - but lunch was still fabulous as usual!

Monday night we kept celebrating with a trip to the organ concert in Balboa park! Any one who had read this blog for a while or has known me for a while, knows that I do love a good organ concert and Balboa park! So this was just the greatest way to celebrate! My parents got take out from The Kabob Shop in San Diego (AWESOME FOOD!) and we all sat and enjoyed the park and the company. It was a great night!
 (Matching hats from my super talented friend Rene!)

No comments: