Friday, March 25, 2011

Holding Hands


So yesterday morning, my son kept trying to grab my hand.
Which is cute, right? Yeah, well, we had been eating oatmeal for about 10 minutes and you know for sure his hands had a good deal of oatmeal on them at this point. I kept saying, "No, you need to keep eating. We can wash your hands when you are done eating."  (thinking that he was asking to wash his hands)

After about the 3rd or 4th time of this little routine, I realized that each time he was grabbing my hand he was holding on tighter and tighter. It finally hit me! I said to him, "Do you want to pray?"

 "Yeah!"

I took both his hands and we held onto each other and prayed.
Thank you Lord for my sweet, sweet boy who wants to stop eating so that we can pray!

After we were done, Bennett looked up at me, smiled and clapped his hands! Then he went back to his oatmeal and finished his bowl like a champ! Good man!

No comments: