Tuesday, May 31, 2011

3 years ago today...

.... was a very busy day for me!

It was a saturday and I had breakfast with Katie at my house, went to Katy Drabek's bridal shower, then went to Sam Lincoln's graduation party, then (while at Sam's party) we invited Justin and Elisha over to play cards!
I was a nut, I tell you, a nut!

But in between getting home from Sam's party and Justin and Elisha making it to our place...

... this happened!



Yep, at 8:30 pm
(yeah, I know you are supposed to take them in the morning, but I couldn't wait)
I was shocked!
It was our first try!

So this is a very sentimental day for me today!
I have been aware of Bennett's presence in my life for 3 whole incredible years!

And well, on that note I thought I would take a moment and share this...
(sorry for the bad quality, it's a picture 'cause our scanner is broken)


Yep, yep yep! 


You are correct! 


We're having a baby!


Baby Elwer #2 is due in late December (the 14th is my due date but let's just be realistic here, I'm sure the 28th is more accurate!) 

As of tomorrow morning (June 1st) I will be 12 weeks along!  We are very excited and can't wait to meet our new son/daughter!
(We're still going back and forth on if we are going to find out the sex this time around)

The above ultrasound lasted for about one minute and that is only picture they took, but I did get to hear the heart beat (a strong 160) and really that's all I wanted! (I'm such a worry-wart! I wish I had one of those things so I could hear the heart beat everyday, just to make sure everything's okay)

We've told Bennett and we try to talk about the baby as much as we can, but he pretty much has no clue! He'll be 2 months shy of 3 years when the baby comes and I'm sure as I start to show more and eventually when he can feel the baby kick, he will start to understand more!

But as for now, he asks Adam and I to kiss his "baby" (belly) too! :)

4 comments:

Leslie said...

oh Sarah..
sweetest post... love those big smiles, and love this news... Bennett will be an awesome brother...

congrats to you all..

Briana said...

Hi Sarah, I just started following your blog (Adam put the link on his Facebook). I know Adam through my husband, Russ. They were friends in high school. Anyways, congrats on your news!! That is wonderful!! And Bennett is absolutely adorable!!

Chateaudepaixinn said...

Very exciting you guys!

Sonja Barrett said...

What an awesome way to share the news! So happy for you guys!!!!!