Sunday, August 7, 2011

Zoo, Zoo, Zoo, We love the Zoo!

Bennett discovered the joy of the map during this trip! He carried it around with him the whole trip and would show us where he wanted to go! (Basically, it was always the Elephants or the Giraffes but he did point some other stuff out too - mostly it was just cute to see him looking at it all day)

Adam and I waiting in line for the Sky-fari (thank you again Shayne for your tip about taking the stroller on with us - made the day so much better!)

Notice my hand right next to his head ... one of my first real mommy freak outs with him not strapped in! 
The panda's were out and about!  We got to watch them for a really long time and Bennett LOVED it! I'm sure he would have stayed there all day if we would have let him! 


So I jokingly said to Bennett when we were looking at the "big cat" section of the Zoo, "Bennett make sure you tell them, 'No, no, you can't eat me for lunch!' "



Here he is walking back and forth with the Cheetah telling him, "No, no, no..."  apparently he was really listening to me when I was being silly! :)


After the big cats of course comes the "Eh-Eh" section (also known as the Elephants)
He's saying "Mom, Eh-Eh! "
It was at this point in our afternoon that the pregnant mommy in the group started to get very tired from walking, so we took a rest (which included ice cream as all rests should), and then went straight to the bus tour so that I could get more rest. And as always the bus tour did not disappoint! It really is the best!

I don't remember what he saw, but isn't this the best picture!
Cracks me up every time I see it! 

"Hi, Eh-Eh's"
Bennett's thinking, "Mom, no pictures now, there are Elephants right there that I must talk to and wave at!"
It's sort of become a "tradtion" for Bennett to get to pick out one animal each time we go to the Zoo or Wild Animal Park but this time he found something else:
He told us all about it with the "Pay-Pay" (panda) and the "Ty-Ty" (tiger), he was soooo excited! 
And well since it was $13 and the single animals are usually about $10, Grandma got it for him! Lucky kid!

We also learned something new during this zoo trip (well actually I guess two things if you count the stroller on the sky-fari thing) If you buy your tickets for the Balboa Park Train inside the Zoo (at the bus ticket station) they are half off! (only $1.50 instead of $3) so that was pretty rad!
We always save the best for last!



Look at that little noise poking right over the edge of the train ... his cuteness kills me sometimes! 

No comments: