Friday, October 21, 2011

Nap time

Two days a week I have a little side job I do from home during Bennett's nap time {usually around 1pm} This day, however, things were a little different and Bennett didn't get into bed until about 2. I was thinking that he would go right to sleep because he was up past his normal nap time. So, I left him with his pile of books like usual and made my way to "the office" to start working.

For about an hour and a half, while I was working 3 feet from his bed {there is technically a wall between us, but our walls are more for looks and not so much for keeping noise out/in} I listened to Bennett "reading" books to Buzz Lightyear and rolling around and making tents with his blankets ... the kids was NOT tired! But he stayed in his room, never came out once, and I got all my work done, so I wasn't really that worried about it.

For about the last 15 minutes of my working I didn't really hear much coming from the room, so when I was finished I went in to check on him.





Poor guy, when I picked him up he was so freaked out!
I don't think he had realized he had even fallen asleep!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Clara fell asleep in her toy box in her closet the other day. I was pretty freaked out when I went in her room to check on her because I didn't see her anywhere! I finally yelled for her and she woke up just enough to let out a little wimper. I put her back in bed and she stayed asleep. Crazy little girl.