Thursday, January 26, 2012

One Month!

John-Paul {aka: Mr. Squishy} is one month old today!

It feels weird.
All at the same time, I feel like I just had him yesterday and that he's been around forever!
{those conflicting feeling may just be new baby fog ... but still ... }

And I must say that I LOVE having two kids! So much has changed and I'm totally okay with it! As all 4 of my readers may have noticed, I'm blogging less but don't take it personally, I'm doing everything less because I'm making sure Bennett gets outside time every day and that my husband doesn't come home to an absolute disaster of a house everyday {but every other day is alright - right?!}  Anyways, something in my brain shifted from being a couple with a kid to being a family now that John-Paul is here and well ... I'm okay with it! And I am sooooo happy he's here!

Now for some one month cuteness:

According to my bathroom scale {I know, super accurate!} John-Paul weighs 14 pounds today and in my best attempts to measure him he seems to be about 23 inches long and he is wearing 3 month clothes.

He is a very happy baby! He is already smiling and really only cries if he is hungry, needs to burp or is ready to fall asleep.

Speaking of sleeping ... this man is doing awesome and I am so so so thankful {his brother was not so much of a sleeper at this age}. John-Paul's longest sleeping stretches have lasted for 6 glorious hours! Also, a fun note about sleeping is that John-Paul does not want to nurse to sleep - he wants to be cuddled and/or rocked. This is very lovely for me as it allows someone besides me to put this boy to sleep! YAY!

Other than smiling {and general cuteness} John-Paul's skills this month include sneezing, following a stationary object while mommy sways back and forth, nursing {he's a super fast eater which is awesome!}, pinching and beard pulling {this of course only happens to Adam}, super loud farts and burps {you know, guys stuff}, cooing and lifting his head up off of the person who is holding him for a few seconds.

1 comment:

Crystal-Lee Howley said...

That last face kills me! He's so precious :)