Monday, February 27, 2012

Bennett's 3rd Birthday {Part 1}

Yep... it's true, this is just part one of a three part series on the 3 different celebrations of my sweet Bennett-boy! {Don't judge, I love birthdays and would be more than happy if my birthday was celebrated this much too - which often it is... which makes me very happy!} Anyways, back to Bennett ...

So for his first celebration of his third birthday {that's not confusing at all} we went with the fam to Disneyland {Well, just my side of the fam actually} and it was such a great, great day! {I even started to cry at one point from sheer joy ... but we will get to that later}

We didn't tell Bennett when we were going because we wanted him to sleep the night before, but Adam and I were up bright and early to wake him up at 6am on the dot to break the good news...


After a couple pictures and some breakfast burritos at Grammy's house...
... we were all on the road and to the park by nine to get the boys their buttons before we met up with my cousins to all go in the park together.
The cousins we met up with... Brittany and Javier
We headed straight to Fantasyland in hopes the lines would still be relatively short and well... that theory pretty much worked out!
You can't ride the "casey train" without your Uncle Casey! 

Bennett was having a blast but we can't forget this cute little guy!

Thanks to Grammy and a sleeping Bennett-boy, Adam and I actually got to go on one ride together!

We scored some awesome seats for watching the Parade and had a great time waiting for it to start!

So here's where the sappy mom story comes in ... 
If you hadn't realized from Bennett's penguin dance video, he is totally in love with all things Mary Poppins! He would tell me all the time that he wanted to go to Disneyland to see Mary Poppins. Now, I seriously can not count the number of times I have been to Disneyland but I can count the number of times I have seen the elusive "Poppins" - three! Yep, only three times have I seen her and only once was I able to take a picture with her! So all that to say, I tried to not get Bennett's hopes up about seeing her.  But what would you know as we were watching the parade I saw what I thought were Chiminay Sweeps coming down the street. I thought, "No, it couldn't be" but then it was ... it was MARY POPPINS! And yep, you guessed it, I cried! I literally had tears of joy for my sweet boy as he was standing and pointing and waving to his best friend "Mary Pop-its" {He uses the term "best" to mean "current favorite",  it's super cute}  It was a total "mom" moment but pretty rad nonetheless!

After a ride on the Disneyland Train and few laps thru the hundred acre wood on the always exciting Winnie the Pooh ride we made our way to dinner with the fam followed by a treasure chest full of cake! {Exactly what every kid needs after a long day - ha ha! You're only 3 once - right?!}

After dinner {and clothes changing and the last few minutes of the second parade to see Mary "Pop-its" again} Bennett picked Winnie the Pooh again ... but we needed to kill time before fireworks so we went one last time! 

Unfortunately, the fire works got canceled so we let him pick one more, one last ride - ha ha!

Casey Jr. with Mom and Dad sitting in the coolest seat ... the back of the caboose!
{Seriously, this kid got his every wish all day and we didn't even have to try for any of it - pretty sweet!}

We had such a GREAT day celebrating our sweet Bennett boy!
{Maybe a little too great since we all slept in and skipped church the next day ... but still... it was very special!}

Okay, just one more picture ... look how cute he looked in his bear suit!

That's the end, really, I promise ... well at least of this part!

Part 2 and 3 of Bennett's 3rd birthday still to come!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

so great! love the video and the recap. birthdays are so special and documenting it is even better. looks like you guys had a great trip to disney. where did you go for the treasure box cake? i have never seen that!

Sarah Elwer said...

We had dinner at the Plaza on the corner of main street and tomorrow land but from looking online it says you can get them at any sit down place in the park