Friday, November 30, 2012

Our first two Christmas Miracles this year.

Christmas costs money!

Seriously - it kind of stinks! And I forget sometimes that a $12 family advent devotional that I really, really want to do is $12 we actually need and can't use to download a book and ornament templates and that Christmas trees are expensive - especially the good noble firs. But the Lord showed up and blessed us so so much!

First, Wednesday afternoon I'm just trolling Facebook and found this! Yep, it's a family advent devotional with ornament templates to print out that is written by the author of A Thousand Gifts, Ann Voskamp and it's totally FREE!!! (yes, I cried!)

And then a few hours later we got a call from our church saying that they had a donation of Christmas trees and wanted to know if we would like one! (for a split second did I think, "I hope it's a noble fir" but that thought left quickly ... Don't judge, I apparently have tree issues I need to work thru! Ha ha ha!)

So after dinner last night we headed up to the church to pick up our tree and it was 7 feet tall!

But seeing as we have an 11 month old who is walking and climbing on top of things we had to modify it a bit.

Anyways, we got it inside and turned Elf on and had a great evening!


In true baby form, John-Paul was all about the boxes! 


Oh and I can't not mention this part of the evening ... Bennett dressed up like Santa, and wanted to put snow flakes on the tree and build a Lego city just like Elf does in the movie! ha ha! Lucky for us I already had snowflake ornaments! :) 

So all that to say ... isn't God good?!
He always surprises me with his kindness!

Oh and then Bennett just broke out into song ... it was too sweet!

No comments: