Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Veteran's Day 2012

I have not excuse for my absence - I haven't had time/desire to blog and thus I have not.
But I got the urge to blog again and so here I am.
We'll see if I can keep this up.

I'm not going to try and play catch up  - so I'm just going to start with what made me feel like blogging - our annual trip to the Murrieta Veteran's Day Parade!

This was our fourth year attending (see the first, second and third years) and it's always a great day of down home fun! We started out at Richie's for a late breakfast with Grandma!

After a rather interesting parking lot adventure in the mini van we finally made our way down to Washington and found a great place to park our bums.

Except after a bit we realized it was sans shade and we were all a whole lot warmer (err... sweaty) than we had planned to be!


The parade was a lot smaller (shorter) this year since they held it on sunday afternoon, but it was still super fun for Bennett especially since there were girls walking the parade handing out pinwheels and flags!

Bennett loved the tanks and said he wanted to buy one so he could shoot people (hmmm....) but John-Paul's whole body shook with fear each time one of the three tanks passed by - poor boy!
Bennett with "Doc Hudson" 
No he wasn't spitting spit wads at parade goers ... but this still cracks me up! 

Grandma had to go sit in the shade for a while - because it just got too too hot - but it was nice to hang out with her for the afternoon before she went home to her "weekend home" (she's very fancy!)


See you next year Veterans Day Parade!




1 comment:

Becky Radliff said...

Yey you're blogging again! Can't wait to see more about my favorite Family Elwer!