Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Nene's Baby Shower!

This last Saturday, the 20th, I was so happy to be able to make it down to the San Diego area to celebrate the coming to my good friend Rene's (affectionately known to me and a few others as "Nene") second child!!!!
It was kind of weird to not know anyone (besides Rene and two other girls I hadn't seen is so long - which was so nice to see them!!!) But I'm still glad to have been able to help bless Rene with some new cute stuff and play a few weird games. However, I did win one of those games thus the day was a success!

Rene and her husband Joel know that they are having a girl but they have not narrowed down a name. Rene said that they want to wait and see their daughter before they name her (which I think is really cool) because that's what they did with their son Asher.

Speaking of Asher, can I just say that I am so impressed with Rene as a mother! I was watching some home movies of Asher last week and I was seriously shocked at what I saw! Asher and his dad (Joel) were playing with a truck and Asher pushed the truck really hard and fast and it his his dad foot. Joel nicely says something like "Ouch" and Asher's face instantly changed to deep concern and he says "Daddy did I hurt you? I'm sorry, will you forgive me?" I couldn't believe it when I saw that - a two year old boy was actually concerned for his father's health and asked for forgiveness for hurting him!

Now to any of my other "mommy" friends who are reading this, I in no way want you to think that this blog is some passive aggressive way to tell you I think your children are awful, it's just to say that I was inspired! The movie gave me hope for my future children and parenting them in a way that is honoring to the Lord. Although my children will be a product of me and Adam, thus they may be really "mouthy" and build weapons in our garage while I'm not watching, but that's a whole other story! :) Anyways, GOOD JOB JOEL AND RENE! And here's some other pictures from the day:

SO so so so so many gifts! Its was kind of crazy - but very fun!

This was the warmest, softest thing I've ever seen! (this was the gift I went in on and got her with a couple other girls that couldn't make it, I love it and if it wasn't a dipper bag I would want to get myself one too!)

2 comments:

Alison said...

You look so pretty. It's cool what you can learn from watching people. Don't worry, I didn't get defensive about my parenting style!

chelsea said...

oh I will be in contact with you soon... xoox