Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Big Bear Getaway

This last weekend Adam and I were feeling well enough to accept an invitation to join our friends in Big Bear!!!! It was so so so nice to get out of Lake Elsinore and to see the snow! This picture is a the view from the cabin's back fence of the frozen lake, I'm sure this place would be such an awesome place to stay in the summer because you are so close to the water, but seriously - it was wonderful in the winter too!

We arrived on Friday night at 8 pm after a long drive and mandatory stop to put chains on. I was very excited because I had never been in a car with chains, so it was a whole new thing for me, but not for Adam. He had those chains on in seriously 5 minutes!

We really didn't do a whole lot while we were there, but we did do a lot of sleeping and resting and hanging out with our friends (and we watched a lot of Discovery Channel and the show "Dirty Jobs"). Here's a picture of Adam enjoying the electric blanket that was on the bed we were using! The first night I woke up at about 3 am feeling like I had been cooking in a crock pot - and here's adam at 8:30 saturday morning still loving the warm blanket - aren't girls the ones who are always supposed to be cold???


So on saturday, after I finally was able to get Adam out from under the heating blanket, we all geared up and went out side to make a sled run. It wasn't the greatest, but it was still fun:

On Sunday, after our make shift church service which involved opening Evangeline's eyes to the world of "Jesus Talk" we headed back out to our "run" from the day before - only problem, it was warming up and as we were walking we were all sinking! I tossed my camera to Koni and she took this picture of Adam and I sunk in the snow.
Then after all the sinking and laughing we climbed out of our holes...except Adam didn't - he was stuck and had to dig himself out!!!!

As I'm sure you can guess there was many a snow ball fight which included a long shot over a tree that got Koni right on the top of her head and me getting a snow ball to the side of the face, most of which was lodged in my ear! Here's Adam and Evangeline in a stand off as Koni trys to talk them both down.

The crowning glory of the weekend was the completion of one of Adam's childhood dreams: finishing this puzzle. He says he got it for Christmas when he was 12 or 13 and has never completed it because no one ever wanted to do it with him. So we all felt sorry for him and pitched in to work on it - we started Saturday afternoon after coming in from the snow and we did not finish until Monday at 3 in the afternoon!!! It was the hardest puzzle I have ever done in my whole life and we all decided Adam can NEVER again pick the puzzle that is completed because of how awful this one was! Lastly, here's a few pictures from the sunset on our drive home Monday, it was rather fabulous.
Thanks for inviting us along Prior family, we had a great time!

1 comment:

A. T. Elwer said...

You forgot the best part, the puzzle glows in the dark...