Monday, March 3, 2008

Ahoy, I Sail!

For those of you who are reading this and have known me (Sarah) for some time now, know that I love the movie "What about Bob?" and this weekend I lived out one of my favorite scenes from the movie! When my friend Katie asked if I wanted to go sailing I must say, I did feel a little like Bob, but I decided that the "craft was sea worthy" and went anyway! Fortunately for the whole group, while I was nervous, it was not necessary to tie me to the mast like Bob!



As Adam wrote in the blog below, this was our first weekend away from each other but I was well taken care of and had a really fun group to hang out with while he was at Man Camp. Tim Zanin (Katie's dad) was the captain of the craft (named the "T L Sea") and the crew this weekend was me, Katie, Tom, Becky and Beth. (I didn't know Beth before this weekend but she was great fun and kicked all our butts during our games of Quiddler!)

Friday night we spent the night in the harbor right below this sign:
Here's the girls before we took off in the morning (Becky, Beth, Me and then Katie up front):

Tom up front as we motored out of the Harbor:
We were lucky enough to happen upon some friends as they practiced for tryouts for Sea World:
Katie and I out on the ocean, we were a little cold!

Beth and Becky playing Quiddler (a Mensa approved version of scrabble with cards) after we returned to the harbor:

This was a very fun little outing, that will hopefully be repeated very soon so that Adam can come too - he was a little jealous that I got to go sailing and he didn't!

3 comments:

Nathan, Sarah, Liam, Deacon, and Jude said...

You are brave. I would be such a chicken (and probably throwing up, I get so motion sick!). Looks like fun, maybe one day I will try it out.

Ben & Ruth said...

I can't believe you found that video! That's so cool!
-bk

Alicia said...

It's all about "baby steps"!!