Monday, March 3, 2008

Man Camp


So this weekend marked a new point in my wife and I's relationship: we spent our first nights away from each other. I went to Man Camp (also known as Men's Retreat) It was a good weekend, this guy Larry Walkemeyer used the theme of Gideon's 300 as interpreted through the art work of the movie 300. In fact the promotional videos done by Buzzy Enniss were hilariously funny and can be found at 2008mensretreat.com

The subject points were pretty good, but I'm not used to the more motivational style of teaching (he hollered a lot) and the physical responses (such as burning cards with our idols on it or writing on our hands the names of our allies). I had a good time with Ryan and Justin and also seeing all the guys from the other churches I know from the youth camps I've been to in the past. We even got in a few games of Dodge Ball. Below are the only pictures I took from the weekend.



If you want to read about what I learned/ experienced over the weekend, you can go read my other blog. :)
Toodles
Adam

2 comments:

Nathan, Sarah, Liam, Deacon, and Jude said...

Great picture of Ryan.

Anonymous said...

hey there,

i just ran across your blog here as i was seeking out some of the artwork for promoting the retreat, i was With the River Church, taking pics, e mail if you would like a copy of the pics and avi movie files i took there are some decent captures of the avis the pics aren't to bad either (mostly of our group and some of the other stuff :)