Sunday, April 13, 2008

Beth Moore Weekend

This weekend I went to hear Beth Moore speak with some other friends from church. I had a not fabulous week last week and I was really looking forward to going because I knew that the Lord wanted to meet with me there because I would be away from the stuff I had been struggling with. Well, it's true, He is faithful and I am so glad I went! I'm still in process with what I heard this weekend, but will be posting a blog on it by Tuesday here.

But as for now, I'll give you just some details and fun parts of the weekend:

Above, is a picture of the ladies that went this weekend just before we started our hike up the hill (that story will come in just a second)! In the front row, Jen and I, second row, Marty and Annie and then in the back row is Sue. We had a great time laughing together and NOT talking about the conference (Beth asked us not to, it was kind of funny, but cool) and eating Jack in the Box AND Denny's at 11:30 p.m. - I haven't eaten this bad since college but it was totally fun!

On Friday night, we got caught in some serious traffic trying to leave the arena! It was so bad it took and hour and a half to get out of the parking structure we were in - it was actually a little scary! Thus, Saturday morning, we made a plan and parked in "Lot X" and hiked up a hill to get back to the arena! (Our car is the one backed into the spot facing the white bus)
And this is just a picture of the inside of the arena, there were about 9,000 people there, but I must say, it still felt intimate - that had to have been God, because really...9,000 people is not intimate! Also, the worship was outstanding (Travis something or other) and the video production was the best I have ever seen!!! (Andy, I'm sorry, you are good, but seriously, this was amazing!!!)

1 comment:

molly june. said...

looks like you girls had a lot of fun! thanks for inviting me (again!)i really wish i could've joined you! xo