Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sorry about the lack of updating, but the move and Adam's new job has been a lot to handle and blogging went to the wayside - sorry :)

So, an update thru pictures:

Here's a picture my friend Erica took of Adam and I at Jeff and Katy's wedding on Aug. 8. (I blogged about their wedding last time, but I just got this picture from Erica and thought it was worth sharing)
On Friday, Aug. 15, Adam and I went to my friend Katie's art show that she organized (a feat in and of its self). She had a number of artist from her church display there art work and it was a really great evening! I was very proud of her hard work to create such an awesome evening! It was also the day I hit 15 weeks in the pregnancy, thus the picture with Katie next to one of her paintings.

Here's a picture of Mr. Elwer before he left for his 3rd day of teaching ( I slept thru his first two departures - opps).

On monday the 18th I got another part of my birthday present from my mom (I love birthday's that go on for months). She took Katie and I to tea at the Huntington Library and then bought us both fancy tea for our "party favors". It was a super fun day filled with a long walk (maybe a little too long for a pregnant lady) thru the gardens and lots of amazing finger sandwiches!!!! Thanks Mom for a fantastic birthday present!

We did officially move on Aug. 23 with the help of some fantastic friends from church! Amazingly, we started at our old house at 8am and were totally moved in and done and eating lunch at our new house by noon!!!! Here's Erin and Evangeline being out TV weather women before the TV was put into place, they later also put on a puppet show too! :)

After the afternoon of moving we took quick showers and took off to our friend's house to meet their new son, Caleb James Miller! Caleb was born to Colin and Kailey on July 27 and is a sweet little man - we were very glad to meet him and welcome him into the world!

Finally - after a long summer of our Disneyland passes being blocked out, we were free to go again! This last Monday, Labor Day, Adam, my brother Brian and I took off to D-land to meet our friend Kelly for a day of fun! It was actually an awesome day to go because the park was not crowded at all, it was just like a normal Monday at the Magic Kingdom!!! (We also met up with our friends, Dan and Sue, for a great lunch and show at the Golden Horseshoe, but we have no pictures from that.)
One thing that was new, was the Toy Story! It was super fun and we very much enjoyed shooting all the 3D objects!
Also, as can be expected, I was limited on which rides I could go on - but it's okay - I just became the personal photographer and "stuff" holder, so let me know if I can perform this task for you anytime in the near future, all I require is snacks like Mickey Mouse shaped pretzels and churro's!!! :)

So kids, that's about it for now, hopefully the updates will be more regular now that we are more in the grove at our new place and new job and new energy levels!

2 comments:

Nathan, Sarah, Liam, Deacon, and Jude said...

Wow, sounds like you guys have been busy! I am glad that you are feeling pretty well, that belly is growing and growing...at least you can still see your feet ha ha!

Anonymous said...

I just want to say that I miss you guys and I hope all is going well.

You seem to be officially knocked up now (yes, I don't consider someone official until I visually see that sucker...this revelation should no surprise you).

We should catch up sometime on the phone.