Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Hanukkah (and almost Christmas)!!!

So, Adam has officially completed his first semester of school and has made out with a bunch of loot too! Here's some of the non-food items... however the food items have been amazing and excessive and very tasty too!


On Saturday Adam and I drove out to Long Beach for a wonderful day! We went to Peet's Coffee in Long Beach to see my friend Katie's art that was hanging up there and also to meet my friend Jen's new boyfriend, Scott! After the art show we all went to lunch at Claim Jumper and had a great time! (And we all really like Scott, he's great and weirdly similar to Adam)


Here's Jen and I after lunch taking my 33 week picture. She had never been in a "week picture" before so she was very excited!


At church this last Sunday, Adam and I were the Advent candle lighters. Adam shared an awesome advent devotion about John 1:14 and how God came camping to earth! I read the prayer for the 4th week of Advent from the Book of Common Prayer, it talked about Jesus finding a mansion in us - I really liked it. (And look how cute Adam looked!)


The first night of Hanukkah was on Sunday night. I am quickly falling in love with this holiday, it's rad, you stay home for a week and spend time with friends and family and play games and get little gifts and can't do any work while the candles are burning - it's fabulous!

No comments: