Monday, December 15, 2008

Fun Weekend!!!

Okay, so we had a busy weekend but it was super fun and I was so tired from my fun days I had no trouble sleeping! YAY!!!

The first fun thing of the weekend actually happened on Thursday evening. We went to Babies-R-Us to get a crib skirt for the bedding I'm sewing (I really will blog about the bedding at some point but I actually want to show pictures of something completed, not just half done... so it will come... hopefully!) Anyways, we had a 15% off coupon that expired on Thursday so we needed to go - thus we went. We went to the section with the crib skirts, picked out the all white one we needed and as we were walking out saw a cradle all put together. We were looking at it and saw that it was discounted. We asked the sales person what was wrong with it (being the "optimists" we are) and found out that nothing was wrong with it, it was returned because the color didn't match the other furniture in the peoples house. We asked if we could use our 15% off coupon on the discounted price and they said yes! So, we left with a cradle!
Adam was planning on making one, and we had it all picked out, it was going to look like this: But after considering both the money for materials and the amount of time Adam would have to spend (probably his whole 3 week Christmas break) we decided the Babies-R-Us one was a better value because I would rather have time with Adam then a fancy cradle - and guess what - the baby won't know the difference! So that was fun, and as you can see it's already in our room so we can get used to it and learn to not trip over it in the night time (I've only done it once so far)!

On Friday, I hit 32 weeks, thus marking the 8 month mark! (Which is crazy!) We went to dinner with the Ochoa family which was a very special treat because we love them so much and then went to a Christmas party at "the girls" new house in Menifee! Here's Katie, Becky, Hillary and baby Jackson cracking me up as Adam was taking a 32 week picture:
The only other picture from the evening is this one of the "Zanin" girls and me and Becky (aka: Katie's wedding party - just 5 1/2 years later).


On Saturday, Adam and I worked a ton! We got all his grading up to date and totally finished so that he could be as on top of things as possible for this week of giving finals to all his classes! We also finished our cute little tree that fits perfectly in our window seat - it will be great next year too when we have a 10 month old who wants to attack the tree! (Also, here's a picture of our cute barn decorated for Christmas too!)



Then yesterday, Sunday, we went to Disneyland for our last trip before our passes expire! We had a great time spending the day with 3 lovely 12 year old ladies as well as Brian and Lisa Tucker and Hillary and Andrea for a while too (Hillary and Andrea are friends from the organization I taught with in Russia: http://www.teachoverseas.org/ )

Hillary and I took the Disney personality test together and we got Jane from Tarzan - RANDOM!Here's we are with our 12 year old friends in CA Adventure:We headed over to the main park at the same time the first parade ended - it's was the craziest thing! It reminded me of the streets of Russia on one of their holidays!There was a beautiful sunset yesterday, and this picture ended up being pretty cool with Main Street in the background - a great last picture for our last trip to Disneyland (at least for a while - I'm not gonna lie, I'm going to ask for a pass for my birthday, so we'll see if that happens!)
All in all, like I said, we had a super fun, super Christmas-y weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a weekend! And I think we're even cuter now than we were five years ago!

chelsea said...

It all looks like so much fun!!! How exciting to have the crib!.... I got your Christmas Card!!! Thank you so much... You guys are awesome... I love the picture too! Merry Christmas guys!!! xoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

thank you for the cheerful story. I really enjoyed reading it.

My 8th month of pregnancy was little worriesome. But I survived.
You can find out why on my blog.

Best luck to your pregnancy!