Sunday, January 11, 2009

Baby Update

So, here's a few "baby" things that have happened lately.

Last thursday I went to the doctor and found out the baby is not head down but transverse. And the doctor would like to see the baby head down by my next visit (this coming wednesday). So, I've been talking to the baby, telling it where to put it's head and where to put it's rear and today at church some woman prayed over the baby and well, it's been moving a lot today, I'm not sure if it has totally turned, but it might have - but please keep the baby's health and my body in your prayers if you think about it!

Also, last thursday the crib bedding sewing project came to a conclusion - not that it's finished, but it's as finished as it can be since the last part is to add a bright pink or navy blue ribbon and well, won't know for at least 4 weeks which color to add! But here's a few pictures of what I've been working on! (thank you to Marty for letting me borrow the machine, Katie for getting me started and Shayne for helping me to feel comfortable enough to sew on my own)




Next up, I had my first baby shower! YAY!!! Here's a few pictures, from the lovely Prior house that is apparently not the ideal place to take pictures, but was such a lovely shower and such a blessing to me! (Thank you Koni for a lovely day!)





Lastly, here's me tonight, 36 weeks and 2 days pregnant - only 26 days till my due date (but who actually ever gives birth on their due date - so really, who know when it will happen!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh you look so cute!

Did you know you can use cold packs to try to get the baby to move? You put ice or a package of frozen peas or something where the baby's head is. The theory is that the baby will try to move his or her head away from the cold and hopefully down where it should be!

I will pray for you too. :) I am sure that will "work" better than a cold pack.

Nathan, Sarah, Liam, Deacon, and Jude said...

I will pray for you! Full term is s37 weeks, so really...you could be having this baby in about a week! Crazy to think about huh!

It could also be 6 weeks! Isnt that insane! I was 10 days early with Liam and know others who were induced at 42!

The crib bedding looks awesome! You did a great job. Unlike my sister and mother I do NOT sew. Anything. Not even buttons! You did a great job!

Love, Lauren said...

hi Sarah- blog stalker Lauren here. I read that doing a downward dog on your knees can also help baby turn.
you have to get your hips up and shoulders down, but if you can do this 10-20 minutes daily, it might help. I've also heard getting in a pool and standing on your head works- as far as pressure goes, or something. Anyways, you could try asking a midwife =) Hope all is well- you look great for 37 weeks.

Andy Borgmann said...

Sarah you are looking good. And the cribs looks fantastic. I still can't believe you don't know the sex of the baby - but I guess that isn't all that surprising. I'll be praying for you and the baby (and Adam).

Take care and keep us updated after Wed. appointment.