Monday, January 19, 2009

The Count Down Continues...

Yes, folks it's true, we are in the last days of this pregnancy and it's funny - my water could break at any moment due to the fact that I am technically "full term" and yet I'm still doing stuff and keep having to remind myself to slow down. In my head I still think I can get a ton of errands done in an afternoon and that I can go to two parties in one day and be totally okay. Well let me tell you, I tried both of those things this weekend and well... I was absolutely exhausted after attempting both!

First, an update on the baby - as of last Wednesday (the 14th) the baby was still transverse so they put me on the schedule to go in and have the baby turned on the 30th. If the baby turns on it's own before then - Great! If not, we will go in that day and if they find out that the baby is stuck due to the cord or if there is some other issue as to why it can't turn on it's own then they will take the baby out by c-section that day! So, yeah, our baby has a possibility of being born on the 30th! We are still praying over the baby and asking the Lord to help it to turn and I am going to the Chiropractor tomorrow to be adjusted which could possibly help the baby to turn as well. (If you want to know about it, click here)

In other news, this weekend was my second baby shower and my friend Maggie's bridal shower, both of which were on Saturday! This second shower was just with some girl friends from college and it was much smaller than the last one. It made for a very lovely afternoon because I actually was able to have personal conversations with each one of the guest - I really enjoyed it!

Here I am with the Party Planning Committee (Jen, Katie and Nicolle):

Nicolle and I before the shower started:

Me with the cutest party favor cookies ever!!!

Jenny and Nicolle working on their onesies:

Hillary and I with her winning onesie (It says "I love my mommy" in Russian) (Also, I was 37 weeks and one day pregnant here - I didn't take a "week" picture this week)

Part of the room:

The other part of the room:

Kelly getting a prize for winning a game:

My fat face with a 3 very skinny and cute faces!

Becky and I at Maggie's Bridal Shower later in that evening (you can just see the tired on my face)!

No comments: