Sunday, November 29, 2009

Beautiful Surprise!

My husband had to attend his first ever teacher conference this last week and I was left home to be a single parent! However, upon returning home he informed me that he had planned a surprise day for me! As some of you might know (or could guess about me) I'm not big on surprises... I want to know what's going on so I can be prepared. I want to know if I should bring sunscreen to my surprise or if I should wear walking shoes or if dress would be appropriate... anyways, all that to say, I usually ruin surprises. So shortly after telling me to set the day aside for a surprise my husband me told me what the surprise was... THE GETTY CENTER!!!!

I LOVE the Getty Center! Adam and I were engaged there, Project Runway recently visited and well, it's just so beautiful... let me explain, with no words:









See what I mean?! It's just stunning and inspiring and beautiful and alive! And my husband knows my love for this place and thus I gladly accepted this gift of beauty he offered! He even got a babysitter and called a couple of our friends to come with us! (However, we ended up bringing Bennett, not due to lack on the babysitters part, it was was me, I just wanted him to come and get some beauty in his life too)

Here's some highlights from our day:
Did you know the Getty has a "Family Room" ? Very cute, and I'm sure Bennett will love it next time he's there when he can run around on his own!
The weather was perfect and everything was so0o beautiful! We couldn't help but take pictures!

Bennett and Jaso listening to the water!

Cuddling with Papa
Family picture on the bench where Adam purposed almost 3 years ago on the day after Christmas.

Bennett being cute!


Taking it all in...

Snuggles with Mama
We might have taken a Christmas card photo ... but I of course would not show it to you, thus you will just have to imagine the cuteness and except one of the runner up family photos for now.
On the way home we had an amazing dinner at Jaso's favorite Thai restaurant in La Mirada!

Basically, it was just about the most perfect day ever! I'm not kidding, Bennett was an perfect angel, the weather was perfect and the art was stunning as usual. Let me leave you with a picture of one of my most favorite things at the Getty, Spring!

1 comment:

calikatrina said...

What BEAUTIFUL pictures! It looks amazing... I've never been.
And I love the picture of Adam, Bennett and the sun... you with Bennett smiling in the carrier... and I LOVE how Bennett baby rides in his stroller, SO CUTE! I'm thinkin' I need to go now. :)