Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving (and there abouts)

So, the day before Thanksgiving is when we went to the Getty, so you all already know about that but we did do other things the week of Thanksgiving as well.

My Uncle Tim (Bennett's great Uncle) came down and we got to see him for a little bit. Bennett was very glad to share a large amount of his old clothes with his new cousin (or second cousin... or whatever) Jake that is due to be born in March and I was glad to get them out of Bennett's room! :)
So, you know at JoAnn's how you have to stand in that forever long line just to check out and they have all that dumb stuff in line that you totally don't need... yeah - well I actually got sucked in! I bought something (or two somethings I should say) while in line at JoAnn's! The turkey head band and turkey mask were a dollar each and well... we just needed them! Aren't they awesome?!
Anyways... here's a better picture of the fam on Bennett's first Thanksgiving once we got to my mom's house and got tired of wearing out turkeys. (Bennett is waving at Uncle Brian and Crystal-Lee)
All in all it was a great day and a very peaceful meal as Bennett went down for a long nap just before we sat down to eat! Here he is with his Grammy looking out the window.
In keeping with tradition, Tom and Jennifer won du-wrags as a pilgrim prize and were required to put them on immediately! They were really good sports and we were glad that they made it out from Indianapolis to share this holiday with us!
Bennett received the cutest Thanksgiving toy - the little people's nativity scene! He started playing with it right away and loves it!
He also really enjoys chewing on baby Jesus ... chewing on "the Word" at an early age - we're so proud! :)
Bennett loves his Tio Pepe (Uncle Aaron)! But sad to say, Tio moved to Wyoming this last week to take a job make "green" homes. We won't get to see him again until Christmas! :(

Another little treat on Thanksgiving day was seeing the Ward's for a few minutes in the evening! Here's Katie and I and baby girl Ward at 24 weeks! Baby girl can't wait to come meet me! :)
And then we wanted the kids to take a picture together! It's their first one... I'm sure this will be in their wedding slide show someday! :)
In other news, I started working the day after Thanksgiving at La Master's in Temecula and I love it! It's fun and easy and I get to gift wrap! (I LOVE wrapping presents! Seriously, I'm for hire if you want me to wrap your presents!) Anyways, I'm loving it, very busy, but loving it! So not much else is happening with Adam and I both working this month but we did just get a tree and Hanukkah is coming... I'm sure their will be more blogging on that to come!

3 comments:

Taylor's said...

The Little People Nativity is the BEST!! My kids are 5 and 3 and STILL play with it. Such a great learning tool as well!

Nathan, Sarah, Liam, Deacon, and Jude said...

We also had that. But we can't find the people, and the kids now use the nativity for Star Wars battles...oh well :)

Unknown said...

hum... Bennett may be in big trouble if he marries Katie's girl after he marries Clara. :)