Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Nothing

It's so funny how you can get so busy doing "nothing".
I need normal, and I have no such normalcy in my life right now, thus blogging has just gone out the window. But Bennett is sleeping in this morning and I woke up early thus I am squeezing one in now :)

Apparently Bennett needs normal too, this is how he came out of his room the other day, clearly the child is board out of his mind

Doing "nothing" at Grammy's house

Doing "nothing" does involve reading, so I guess that is good.
(I just finished The Year of Living Biblically, by AJ Jacobs - I would highly recommend it!)
(Oh and by the way, the cushions on the rocker are the sewing project I completed the other day, I bought this fabric when Bennett was 8 days old... don't judge. I finished it.)

When it randomly starts to thunder and lightning at your house and you have to go inside to once again, to do "nothing", you of course have to make a puzzle for the first time

And then when your mom and dad won't give you a brother or sister you have to do "nothing" and play with your favorite toy (a dancing duck that sing "If you're happy and you know it") and give him hugs to ease away the boredom.

Another "nothing" we have been doing a lot is going on walks. The other day Bennett got to take Tony on a walk, he was very happy about this, I'm sure it wasn't nothing to him.

Bennett relinquished is leash holding duty about half way around the block and decided to show of his skills in barking... he his pretty stink'n cute!

 We're enjoying our "nothing" days a lot, hope you all are too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bennett is the cutest sheik I have ever seen! The barking like a dog, is adorable. Love, Mom

jmosizzle said...

seriously one of the cutest kiddos!!!

Kady said...

Love this post. "Nothing" is good for kids now and then...forces them to use their imagination and brain to think of what to do. Hence, the towel on his head get-up. LOL From the looks of all these photos he has lots to do and isn't really doing "nothing" at all. So fun to keep up with you on the blog. Will miss you at CBS.