Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Saturday in San Diego

Really, what could be better? I know Disneyland is "the happiest place on earth" and don't get me wrong, I LOVE Disneyland, but for me I would pick San Diego any day over Disneyland! It just makes me happy. It's beautiful, the people are nice, it's always a perfect temperature... you just can't go wrong with it!

So, this last saturday we packed up with Grandma and headed down for a day of fun!

First stop, Seaport Village for some nice views, good coffee and fun stores!
"Grandma" even bought a hat at the worlds best hat store!

When we got to the zoo we had to ride the train first (since we missed it last time) Bennett really enjoyed it!

We started out our day looking at "desert-y" type stuff...

... and then moved on to the children's zoo (much more to my liking!)
(Have you EVER seen a cuter caterpillar?!)

He was just talking away to the ponies! (I think the taught they were the one's from our house!)

After a good hand washing and our first ever trip on the "sky-fari" ...

... we made it to the polar bears!
(Check out the drool!)

Bennett loved sitting in the helicopter!

We of course had to make it to the elephants and monkeys (the zoo's just not complete with out them!

...but Bennett never actually got to see the monkeys

So we called it a day and headed to Buca di Beppo's because we had a coupon!YAY!!!

So, judging from the fact that we had yet another perfect day in San Diego, it is still the Elwer family's "Happiest Place On Earth!"

No comments: