Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ladies Dessert Night!

It officially feels like Christmas! Every year it seems like Dessert Night is the thing that does it to convince me, "Okay, I guess it really is Christmas time!"

This year was great and as usual the church was transformed into a Christmas wonderland!
This year I hosted a table and did a Hanukkah table. Although I did a Hanukkah table two years ago, this year there were some new and fabulous Martha Stewart touches that I am rather proud of! (Click here to find out what they were and to see them in more detail)
Although the title of the night is LADIES Dessert Night, my littlest man decided to join us for the evening after the child care brought him out to us and said "He won't stop crying" ... Oh, okay, well then he will sit in his stroller at our table and eat green beans from his Grammy! (He did pretty good, but the poor boy is working on more teeth so he's not super happy about anything right now... except peek-a-boo... but that's a different blog)

Here are the lovely ladies who sat at my table! Back row: Emily, Maddison, Angela, DeAnna. Front Row: Juanita, Barb aka: my mom, Bennett, Me, Crystal-Lee
(Also, please notice our son might have received the Holy Spirit this night as noted by his "tongues of fire" in this picture!)

The evenings entertainment included an unusual but very funny and entertaining entrance by the waiters for the evening:


As well as the Bethlehem Bed and Breakfast skit and an outstanding handle bell choir (but I didn't get a picture of them)
Dessert night also had a wonderful sound man (and sound assistant) !
And as is the tradition for the past four years, here's Adam and I after dessert night with the stage decorations.
As always, Dessert night was a huge hit, but there were two people who were greatly missed! Good thing they were able to stop by for a second :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! The Christmas Brunch at my Grandma's church always seals the "official christmas time" deal for me. Yay for Christmas!!