Monday, August 22, 2011

Summer Projects!

So besides the amazing bed Adam made this summer, there were many other fabulous "around the house" projects that were done as well!

We'll start in Bennett's room ...

As I was laying Bennett down I put my knee on the edge of his bed and Snap! One of the boards broke! Dang! But that was an easy fix! Unfortunately Bennett was not happy the board was a different color from the others, but I was super happy we had the board just laying around the house so it was a totally free fix! YAY!

Adam finished up his three paintings for Bennett's room!


My friend Jen and I rearranged Bennett's room a bit and gave him a "reading corner" - it's pretty stink'n cute!




Then moving out into the living room area we had some great projects out there too!

Adam replaced the loud, old, wobbly ceiling fan with a brand new little quiet one! We love it!

Also, random thing ... when pulling the wire's down to hook up the new fan ... this came out with them!
Yeah, it's pretty much a petrified mouse ... that thing could have died like 10 years ago! I don't even want to think about what else could be up there! Yuck!

With a few extra side jobs from this summer we were able to get a new flat little TV and get rid of our big bulky TV and cabinate! YAY! With some furniture rearranging, some wood, some paint and a cute little helper ...


we went from this:

to this!
Pretty great huh?! I love it!

And then along the same lines ... we also "repurposed" the other window seat in the living room to be our video cupboard (and my friend Jen totally alphabetized and labeled all our movies too!)


So we still have painting to do (our room, the video cupboard doors, some touch up's in Bennett's room) but for the most part our house got a fabulous face lift this summer!
Gotta love handy husbands!

1 comment:

Jona said...

I love Bennett's room!!! The little alphabet train and reading corner are super cute!